What Is Your Current Weather?

And here is what December in Texas looks like

IMG_1710.webp
IMG_1711.webp
IMG_1714.webp
IMG_1708.webp
IMG_1712.webp

We hit 56°F this afternoon. Right now, it's alternating between a light drizzle and monsoons outside.

If I'd known it was going to be this warm, I'd have headed out to the bike trails. I'm getting stir crazy being indoors. (I can't go in cooler weather due to asthma--I get too out of breath under exertion if it's in the 40s.) Still, I'm liking the warmer weather. It can stay like this all winter. ;) (I cannot afford to move south just yet.)

One of many for the area (about 2 hours northwest of me). The line is supposed to be moving my way - hopefully it will come through at a time of minimal support for the tornadoes to form, but it's still 72° outside and VERY humid with clouds streaming to the northwest at high speed.

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 6.38.47 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 6.51.55 PM.webp

Last edited:
Keep the folks in the Dallas/Rowlett in your prayers. This is some of what they dealt with tonight.
Near Emory, TX
emory_TX.webp

and near Rowlett

tornadodallas.webp

Last I heard there were at least 4 dead and this one was supposed to be around a mile wide. The flash behind it is it taking out power lines and being lit up by it.

Last edited:
And a small earthquake in the Panhandle (that's the Amarillo, Childress, Lubbock area.
Come to Texas, where we get it ALL!

4seasons.webp

Oh, and @Amaury - since you like snow so well, thought you might like this (it's from a friend of ours in Abernathy, TX - that's near Lubbock in the image above).
He told us they have up to 6ft drifts there.

abernathy.webp

We were under a winter weather advisory yesterday, which expanded into the early hours of today. It snowed pretty good from about 5:00 PM, I think, until around 1:00 AM today.

I took these two photos today. From comparing them to my earlier ones, I'd say it was at least an inch. And more snow showers are predicted tomorrow in the afternoon. It's a 30% chance, but really, that doesn't mean anything in the long run, in my opinion.

Winter 2015-2016 (19).webp

Winter 2015-2016 (20).webp

@Tracy Perry :D

Mentioned times are GMT -8.

We were under a winter weather advisory yesterday, which expanded into the early hours of today. It snowed pretty good from about 5:00 PM, I think, until around 1:00 AM today.
@Tracy Perry :D
That one I posted is about 10ft of drift... in fact, one of their local TV station weather men asked to use it to show the "city dwellers" that watch what it got like out in the country.

Top Bottom