what if i myself remove the branding of xenforo(copyrights written in bottom) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garry420

Today i met a person who is expert in software..he offered me removing branding at just 100$ along with other edits
incase i buy his services what will be consequences ?

Your license would be in breach of the license agreement and would be in jeopardy of being revoked; as well as your access to these forums being revoked.

Branding Removal costs $250 and can be purchased as an add-on to your license.

Your license would be in breach of the license agreement and would be in jeopardy of being revoked; as well as your access to these forums being revoked.

but many guys are doing that..he showed me few forums that he had worked for...and they are running well.
240$ is too expensive for asian clients

but many guys are doing that..he showed me few forums that he had worked for...and they are running well.
240$ is too expensive for asian clients

Then he's scamming people, do you honestly think it makes since for some random guy that's offering third party services to negotiate branding removal FOR XenForo?

Upon purchasing and downloading you agreed to the XenForo license agreement, which contains the following:
All copies of the Software must contain the same proprietary notices that appear on and in the Software, including all copyright notices embedded in the Software, which must remain unaltered from the original and visible at all times, unless by specific prior arrangement with XenForo Limited.

Removing the copyright will be a breach of terms.

Upon purchasing and downloading you agreed to the XenForo license agreement, which contains the following:

Removing the copyright will be a breach of terms.
yes thats why asking questions..i have my own set of rules that i follow...else i would had done that siliently...just wanting to know what can be worst consequences..i have already said i don't want branding removal

yes thats why asking questions..i have my own set of rules that i follow...else i would had done that siliently...just wanting to know what can be worst consequences..i have already said i don't want branding removal

The consequences:

....what will be consequences ?
but many guys are doing that..

In just a few seconds you went from asking what the punishment will be (implying you know it's wrong) to trying to justify it by saying since a lot of people illegally remove the branding, it should be ok?

Listen, it's simple, and this applies to all software: if you want to remove the branding, pay the fee. If you don't have the money to remove it, then leave the credit of the original authors as it stands.

I have closed this thread, the discussion that needed to happen has happened. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or submit a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom