What Ideas From XenForo Did IPB Take?

DRE

I asked this question in a thread but it was ignored, so creating a new thread because I'm genuinely curious since I'm not that familiar with IPB.
I will still speculate that they aren't commenting on future features, so they aren't ripped off by other forum software developers.
That is solely my opinion.
Which happened around the release of XenForo.

You only need to look at IPB to see where some of those ideas came from.

The only one I'm aware of is likes (and it wasn't a take from XF so much as a "we'll use that too" - since likes were around before XF).

[Technically it was a reworking of their existing feedback system and the positive feedback was tweaked to be likes instead - AFAIK you can still set it up as +/- rep if you want.]

The only one I'm aware of is likes (and it wasn't a take from XF so much as a "we'll use that too" - since likes were around before XF).

[Technically it was a reworking of their existing feedback system and the positive feedback was tweaked to be likes instead - AFAIK you can still set it up as +/- rep if you want.]
I prefer the + or - rep system instead. They should've kept that and had either as a choice. But by implementing likes, does this mean they completely did away with negative reps?

Top Bottom