What host to honestly go with for a moderate - large forums? And server set up questions, before purchasing an individual license.

Aliana

I currently have a dedicated machine box with 1gbps bandwidth up and down, unlimited bandwidth and was thinking of buying a complete xenforo license, for no limitations on storage and traffic.. Though I honestly would need guidance on how I could get xenforo working on my OVH's bare metal dedi ubuntu server.. So in the meantime I bought a small xenforo cloud, that has the limitations.

So I'm now looking into hosting options, what host out there is the best "go to" for moderately large forums expecting a decent amount of images/ files being uploaded?

As with that, is there any good guide I could follow before I buy a xenforo license completely, on how I could set up a webeserver to run xenforo on my OVH dedi?

I have been with todo10.com for almost 3 years!
They never have any down time and are always a email away if something does go wrong. Talk with them, I feel you will be very pleased. Javier or Claidios are great guys.
The also migrated my site from Vbulletin to XenForo with no problems
They are a wonderful hosting site for all your needs
I have over 1 million posts and hundreds of images etc

As with that, is there any good guide I could follow before I buy a xenforo license completely, on how I could set up a webeserver to run xenforo on my OVH dedi?
If you have a very large site, you will probably want to use something like Amazon SES for your transactional email... so you don't really need to set up any MTA services as you can use a cheap email provider for bounce/unsubscribe functions.
Being on OVH, you would probably want to use an outside transactional email provider anyway since so many of their IP's are in blocked lists because of OVH being spammer central for VPS's and low end boxes.

For the actual LAMP stack... look at Centos 7/CentMin Mod. CentOS will be supported through June 30, 2024. By that time the script to move from CentOS to AlmaLinux should be in really good shape and CentMin should be out of BETA status or at least if still in BETA status for AlmaLinux able to be used by general population (it's closed BETA currently).

Top Bottom