What has helped you convert more registrations?

Okenyon

One of our forums gets a lot of organic traffic but very few sign ups.

What resources, change, tip or trick has helped you convert more visitors into sign ups?

You can block content to encourage "register to read" - view a snippet or register to view all
You can install a "so many posts for free" like news websites (guardian/times/etc)

No. See this addon

Limiting viewing of some thread content can work but (a) is likely to be bad for SEO and (b) doesn’t mean any joining will participate do they may just as well be guest rather than lurking member.

Restrict viewing/downloading of resources can work. I did this when I initially get resource manager so people could see there were free downloads but couldn't get them without registering. I found that as soon as I did that registrations went up but posts didn't. So there was an average lower post count per member. So in the end I decided it was better to have fewer members but more engagement with discussion.

The best thing IMO is to curate engaging content that people want to talk about - this is good for SEO and will also attract members who will engage rather than lurk.

So basically my answer to the question would be good SEO and hiding content unless you are sure it really is useful asa teaser and is not going to impact SEO

What has mostly converted registration on Trendri is content and easy means of registration. Keep the forum busy with frequent content, and you will likely convert most visitors to registered users.

One of our forums gets a lot of organic traffic but very few sign ups.
  1. Improve Site Speed
  2. Remove/hide Forum stats when number of threads and post is less. People sometimes take such forum as less active and don't signup.
    1707053691848.webp
  3. Don't use floating type notice, if you are having ads on website it will affect it badly! Use scrolling type notice. if using floating type, make it dismissible!
  4. Show a signup form after few visits. if they close that signup form, don't show it again for next 7 days.
  5. Post content that is engaging. Like Instagram videos of dogs :)

Top Bottom