1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What font size attribute does the xenForo development team use? px , pt, em, or %

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aculate, Oct 29, 2011.

1. aculate

aculate Well-Known Member

just for curiosity, what font size attribute the xenForo development team use? px , pt, em, or %

Do xenForo developers use the % in the body and then em for the rest?
    Even thought each case is different, what is the default for developing a site?

2. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

From what I see the attributes are mixed mostly together. It would be better to have them all in a relative attribute so that you can enlarge all font size with a simple css statement or javascript.
  3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Predominately PX, with some % for line heights, from what I can see.

I had just gotten used to using ems with IPB when I moved over, not sure why the guys don't use em here, must be a reason though :)
  4. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

Yes I noticed the use of px as well, which I thought was going to be a thing of the past for line height and font size. Everywhere else, mainly, I think px (and often %) is the best unit. Not that it is a huge deal I suppose.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Its not the size of the font that matters, but the style with which it is used.

Fuhrmann and Kim like this.