What First? PHP or JavaScript?

Kings Hat

I've been interested in web designing/development for a long time and through self learning and a bit of help from others I've learnt a lot of CSS and HTML, now I have come at such a stage with CSS/HTML that I only get better actually creating new designs challenging myself every time and coding them.

I want to learn more, and want to get better and creative with my designs and also would like to learn PHP (I know PHP is server side language, but I want to learn it).

I'm confused, should I learn PHP first or JavaScript? Did a bit of searching around and found many suggestions which said to learn PHP first and then JavaScript (and Jquery). What are your suggestions?

To the awesome developers on here, where did you learn PHP and improve (with HTML/CSS I could create designs and code them to get better, but how do I get better with PHP). If you could share some tips here :p

you need to learn html,javascript,css first before you start learning php
I was going to choose that path, since I already know HTML/CSS my next step was JavaScript, but I read lots of people saying the following:
You could realistically go either way but I'd probably say PHP is a better place to start. PHP is more "strict" than JavaScript so you learn formalism a little better and can then relax with JavaScript.

That confused me and I thought it'd be best to take more opinions xD

It's all the same with most languages, I'd study up on methodology first.
Skip about half way through this, watch it then everything else in the series.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom