What are you charging for premium accounts?

oO5 Dynasty

So just a friendly discussion to see what other site owners are charging members! Also I was wondering if site owners are charging a set price for the entire year etc…
Wait is that even possible lol

A recurring €3/month upgrade, or €30/year as either once off or recurring.

For this they get a few extra features, higher limits on things or whatever & no ads, except I pulled all the ads ages ago anyway, soooo…. yeah they get to feel good.

Last edited:
I haven't fully launched yet, but I plan to have users get a discount based on length. $5/mo gets them access to significantly expanded media gallery upload limits, attachment limits, and access to the UBS Blog system to make their own blog. Then they get a discount for 2 free months if they pay yearly ($50/yr), and a lifetime option for the cost of 4 of the yearly plan.

A recurring €3/month upgrade, or €30/year as either once off or recurring.

For this they get a few extra features, higher limits on things or whatever & no ads, except I pulled all the ads ages ago anyway, soooo…. yeah they get to feel good.
Awesome Sauce GIF by Teddy Too Big

Not sure if I'd put adsense on it, but might offer a way for people to upload a banner that they can buy a slot themselves without google tracking. Just a banner and a link of their choosing.

Not sure I am setting my user upgrade up correctly, because I am running into this error.
How are yall setting up yearly subscriptions?
Web capture_22-5-2022_163429_user.oo5dynasty.com.webp

Not sure if I'd put adsense on it, but might offer a way for people to upload a banner that they can buy a slot themselves without google tracking. Just a banner and a link of their choosing.
I did that for a few years a long time ago and it worked out well. I charged too little though, ha. Self hosted phpadsnew/openX. Got hacked. Could have been a complete disaster but was only a fiasco, so knocked that on the head fairly quickly.

I did that for a few years a long time ago and it worked out well. I charged too little though, ha. Self hosted phpadsnew/openX. Got hacked. Could have been a complete disaster but was only a fiasco, so knocked that on the head fairly quickly.
Yea, since I'd be just starting out, I could start lower then as things get bigger, slowly increase price. Could even offer them Pro membership for duration of their active banner.

I haven't fully launched yet, but I plan to have users get a discount based on length. $5/mo gets them access to significantly expanded media gallery upload limits, attachment limits, and access to the UBS Blog system to make their own blog. Then they get a discount for 2 free months if they pay yearly ($50/yr), and a lifetime option for the cost of 4 of the yearly plan.
Snl Reaction GIF

Yea, since I'd be just starting out, I could start lower then as things get bigger, slowly increase price. Could even offer them Pro membership for duration of their active banner.
Yep I had a supporter tier and a sponsor tier. The more expensive sponsor tier got the banner. 1 year for €50 but it was only available to people directly involved in the community who were advertising to a known audience, and really just a token sum that went towards site hosting.

Every site is different and just depends on what the site is offering that is of value to users.

digitalpoint.com ($25-$125):

1653254805730.webp

outgress.com ($10-$100):

1653254880950.webp

inmateintake.com ($100-$750):

1653254940479.webp

cookieforensics.com ($25-$100,000):

1653255011263.webp

I had to make an addon that makes Bitcoin and Monero a form of payment simply because it's impossible to accept $100,000 payments via PayPal or Stripe (users can also pay via check or wire transfer, but it's not automated).

1653255223224.webp

The sites are vastly different, serve a completely different user base and are priced differently based on the value brought to the subscriber. Without knowing what you are offering to your users, your question might as well be, "What can a business charge for a service?"

Every site is different and just depends on what the site is offering that is of value to users.

digitalpoint.com ($25-$125):

View attachment 268657

outgress.com ($10-$100):

View attachment 268658

inmateintake.com ($100-$750):

View attachment 268659

cookieforensics.com ($25-$100,000):

View attachment 268660

I had to make an addon that makes Bitcoin and Monero a form of payment simply because it's impossible to accept $100,000 payments via PayPal or Stripe (users can also pay via check or wire transfer, but it's not automated).

View attachment 268661

The sites are vastly different, serve a completely different user base and are priced differently based on the value brought to the subscriber. Without knowing what you are offering to your users, your question might as well be, "What can a business charge for a service?"
Great information

This is excellent information, Thank you everybody for your input. It is amazing to see the direction site owners take.

Top Bottom