What are some ways you bring traffic to your forum?

MKSwni

Hello,

I'm assuming many of us here run forums that are based on very specific niches and that appeal to fans or enthusiasts of specific genres. So what are some ways that you bring traffic to your community?

Do you consider your forum to have lots of competition? And if so, how do you manage to keep your community more attractive than the others?

I installed the sitemap add-on offered here on Xenforo and I saw an increase in traffic. I also have RSS feeds set up on twitter that automatically updates posts from my global RSS feed on there and that attracts visitors. But not enough active members.

I would like some tips to help push my community out there and help reel in traffic. My board is dedicated to Asian music and entertainment and there is a big, big niche for this. Competition is low, however there needs to be a way for people to know about my community!

Let's discuss!

Hi there,

Ad deals and social media have done great things for me. I always seek ad deals with badly funded sites who apologize too much about serving ads.

I get huge traffic from facebook and registrations as well it has helped me build a solid local community forum finally i am seeing some signs of actively growing board :P

Hi there,

Ad deals and social media have done great things for me. I always seek ad deals with badly funded sites who apologize too much about serving ads.

How do you utilize social media?

I get huge traffic from facebook and registrations as well it has helped me build a solid local community forum finally i am seeing some signs of actively growing board :p

Awesome! I try to expand more so on twitter using RSS feeds and hashtags, but how did you grow your Facebook page to attract visitors? Do you use their ad service?

I recently decided to try a good old fashioned off line word of mouth campaign. I had business cards printed up and asked regular members if they would distribute them, give them to friends, people they met at gigs etc.

The take up was good, I send out 20 at a time and members are reporting back that people take the cards and seem interested.

I added a custom field to the registration page asking people how the found the forum, so will be able to find out if the cards are working or not.

Awesome! I try to expand more so on twitter using RSS feeds and hashtags, but how did you grow your Facebook page to attract visitors? Do you use their ad service?
Facebook fanpages, posting link to my site among much good content related to the topic.

Well i run small fishing community site for city i live in ....i started with word of mouth campaign like someone mentioned up there . I started organizing small get together ,bbq's at the lake etc , Tournament participations ,videos and slowly word started getting out and people started talking ,sharing images from facebook page ,status ,links etc .

I am still working on few new ideas to give it very much needed boost to grow it faster :P

Top Bottom