West Coast USA Dedicated with SSD - Recommend?

Mouth

Looking for pointers/recommendations for West Coast USA dedicated hosting with SSD drive.
Thanks.

WebNX or Quadranet. That's who we have used for years. Both are very reliable and very good.

Digital Ocean!
Have a hard time with anything called a Droplet. :D
I've laughed at that the first time I heard it. Gives me a connotation of something else. If they offered dedicated servers, would those be called Drips?

BUT, I have read good reviews on them.

You might find one in here
HTML:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36
Yeah, that was my first stop but had difficult amongst them all finding the west coast one's - and when I did pricing seemed quite expensive, more commercial market. Hence the query for suggestions. Thanks, appreciate it.

Digital Ocean!
Yeah, asked a few days back but they don't have any west coast servers capacity available and no idea when they'll get some. No notification or waiting list either. That, as an initial first experience, has sort of put off any feeling of wanting to use their services. Thanks, appreciate it.

I also having hard time with droplet :( I prefer fully manage server so I can work on something else
So I guess DO is build for techie guy like developers ..
I'm not a developer.. just a poor dumb old ex-cop... that got suckered into almost 11 years of IT work. :p
Actually, all my Linux experience I've gained myself - none of the places I worked used it (or at least didn't when I first went to work but after showing some of the "higher ups" what we could do for less money they started).
Best exposure - grab an old desktop and put Linux on there (try several different flavors but target centOS, Debian and Ubuntu heavily). Spend more time at in a terminal than the GUI. Gotta get back to DOS basic attitude.

Yeah, asked a few days back but they don't have any west coast servers capacity available and no idea when they'll get some. No notification or waiting list either. That, as an initial first experience, has sort of put off any feeling of wanting to use their services. Thanks, appreciate it.

I'm with DO for a almost a year now, so I may tell you that happend at least 5 - 10 times that I remember, maybe more. Problem is I guess that they grow too rapidly, for a last year their web server number went from 280 to 6,514 (source on netcraft). Usually it takes a week or two to get more servers, once it took almost a month (longer wait periods are usually in EU and not in USA).

I can also tell you that they are pretty stable, network is fast, support is also fast. They occasionally also give small coupons for existing customers, for example for black Friday if you pay 25 $, you got another 25 $ of credit.

Downsides:

I remember for the first six month they had network issues in SF region, not lately but then again it's worth of mentioning it.

You get only one IP per droplet.

No IPv6 yet.

Private network is only available in NY2 and AMS2 regions.

Note: If you decide to use DO, use VirtIO drivers they give much faster and more stable environment.

DigitalOcean doesn't offer dedicated servers. I believe that's what the OP was looking for.

What are the exact server specs you're looking for, OP? And what is your budget?

Last edited:
Top Bottom