XF 1.2 Welcome Email After Registration

jgas

Hi there,
I'm wondering who can I set up a welcome email after a new registerd user confirmed his email address.

Is there a plugin?
Will it be available for xenforo 1.3?

Many thanks!

Gas

Hi guys thanks a lot, I tried both plugin and they do what they promise, but I still miss one important think: I need to send an email in the new user inbox.

I thought that when a new private message is sent, automatically the system sends an email to him, but xenforo doesn't allow it.

Do you have any idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks a lot

I thought that when a new private message is sent, automatically the system sends an email to him, but xenforo doesn't allow it.
ACP > Options > User Registration
Tick the option Receive email when a new conversation message is received
New users will then receive emails for new conversation messages by default.

Of course, if a user unticks this option in their profile, they won't receive emails for new conversation messages.

ACP > Options > User Registration
Tick the option Receive email when a new conversation message is received
New users will then receive emails for new conversation messages by default.

Of course, if a user unticks this option in their profile, they won't receive emails for new conversation messages.

aaah so it should be working!
the fact is that with the mod installed, even if the option is ticked, no email is sent in this very first conversation message... very strange...

aaah so it should be working!
the fact is that with the mod installed, even if the option is ticked, no email is sent in this very first conversation message... very strange...
The option only affects registrations made after you have set this. Any before that won't have Receive email when a new conversation message is received ticked for those users, unless they have chosen to change it.

Again as I said, even now you have this option set in the ACP, new users can still until it in their profile.

The option only affects registrations made after you have set this. Any before that won't have Receive email when a new conversation message is received ticked for those users, unless they have chosen to change it.

Again as I said, even now you have this option set in the ACP, new users can still until it in their profile.

I understand what you are saying, I tried registering a new user from my pc, from another browser and checking that the option was enabled. Still, no email... I'll do a couple of more tests and report to you guys!

I understand what you are saying, I tried registering a new user from my pc, from another browser and checking that the option was enabled. Still, no email... I'll do a couple of more tests and report to you guys!
Check to see that there are no other issues with - emails - see if a new conversation to your new user sends an email (make sure the option is checked for that user).

If emails from your board are working, then it is likely an issue with whichever add-on you are using. If so then you'll need to post in the discussion thread for that add-on for support.

Top Bottom