1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird spammer logs?

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Floren, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

I was checking my logs and noticed many entries like this:
    Code: - - [28/Aug/2013:17:51:15 -0400] GET /community/index.php++++++++++++++++++++++++++Result:+chosen+nickname+%22Veickyscienny%22;+captcha+decoded+%2823+attempts%29;+registered+%28registering+only+mode+is+ON%29; HTTP/1.0 "301" 178 "http://www.axivo.com/community/index.php Result: chosen nickname "Veickyscienny"; captcha decoded (23 attempts); registered (registering only mode is ON);" "Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; U; Edition Next; Edition Yx; ru) Presto/2.11.310 Version/12.50" "-" "-"
    Anyone has noticed similar entries?
    "Result: chosen nickname "Veickyscienny"; captcha decoded (23 attempts); registered"

It is funny to watch the spammers trying to login back and forward, after a failed registration attempt. Talk about useless usage of bandwidth.... I limit their access to registration page to be performed every second.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013