1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Website Favicon.ico not working

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by JpA, Aug 2, 2013.

1. JpA

JpA Active Member

So I made my 16x16 pixel image, named it Favicon.ico put it in my root folder, waited like 3 or 4 days, and the Tab Icon STILL didn't update. Please help!

2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

whats your site

3. JpA

JpA Active Member

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. JpA

JpA Active Member

6. Brogan

No.

In the root.

As I said on your other thread, you should consider employing someone to help you and teach you the basics.

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I see your favicon.

9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a sword icon if that's the new icon you uploaded.

10. Brogan

It has been uploaded to the correct location now.

Shelley likes this.
  11. JpA

JpA Active Member

Yes its a diamond sword, but when I go to the website I still don't see it, but i see it in the wwww.brokenarrowservers.com/favicon.ico link

12. Shelley

Give it some time to display, it will display. I recently changed to a new favicon and it took a day or so to show.

edit: Still waiting for the new favicon to show in chrome (showed an hour or 2 later in firefox) so it'll take a little time.

13. Shelley

Okay. This is what I did just now. visit your favicon URL and then on that page do a CTRL +f5 till it displays (I did this a couple of times) and it displayed in chrome.

14. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

It's displaying fine for me upon initial load of your site in Chrome on my Mac.