1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Development Contracts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Slavik, May 18, 2011.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Following a previous thread discussing them, I went out to re-make my contract. With some help from a friend and the internets this is what we came up with. (He did most the work, I proof read and altered to my needs)

Anyone feel like giving it a read and checking that everything is there that should be?

Likewise, if others would like to use this and update it to their own requirements, I can give you the file you would need :)

*edit* already found 1 error and fixed

Attached Files:

2. Johnny Large

Johnny Large New Member

Where are those times when you could just trust people gone to? :ROFLMAO:

3. User

User Well-Known Member

I am not in the legal field but I'd suggest to not allow changes in scope under the current contract. Instead a change in scope should result in a new contract. Scope creep is imho one of the biggest problems in any project (not just web design) and one effective way to limit it is to require a new contract either in addition or instead of the old one. That makes both parties a lot more aware that a change in scope is serious business.

They only ever existed in fairy tales. ;)
    If money is involved a contract is there to protect both parties, should imho be done under any circumstances. In fact, you are doing it with the person you conceivably love and trust the most, that contract is called marriage.

4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Given that we're looking at contracts, OP, you might want to look at the employment contracts sent. Slavik can reuse elements from this if so required.

Attached Files: