WebGuruBB

JordanH

WebGuruBB has gone through a lot over the past year. A lot of changes have been made, and a lot of new features and content has been posted. As someone who fairly recently came into ownership of the site, I am looking for people to give some feedback and suggestions.

WebGuruBB currently has two addons on xenForo resource:
Daily Post Count Addon
Admin Notes Addon

We have nearly 3,000 discussions started with almost 30,000 messages between 631 members. We are a webmaster related forum that has plenty of guides and articles, general webmaster discussion, and plenty of other resources.

We try to do many contests, and our current one has over $800 worth of prizes. You can even win a free xenForo license and free premium theme from @Ehren over at xenFocus.

Trying hard to get any bugs and errors fixed. We do know of a few currently. I'm looking for feedback on the site itself, content, usefulness, and anything you feel needs commenting on.

Please let me know :D

I like the site. Wondering what that is on the front page that is moving images? That a BD Widget?

Hi Thanks!

Actually its the Notice in your admin control panel. It looks a little weird right now because I have the notice for the competition up :P

We have installed the Resource Manager on the board, and have purchased ******* Credits Premium. I will hopefully be able to provide a review of his addon later once we get more use out of it.
Also, our $800+ webmaster contest ended not so longer ago. Figure I would do an update on that.

We also hit 30 thousand posts :D

We got a little bit festive on our forum.
New logo to represent winter/christmas.
Some snow added at the top of the content and some falling snow flakes.

Hey jordan,

How did you get the oio publisher to work with xenforo? I thought it was only for Wordpress. Also be careful. I was talking to the creator of oio publisher and he told me that oio publisher was made for small - medium sized websites. Not really made for large sites that carry a lot of traffic. It tends to be buggy with lots of traffic.

Hey jordan,

How did you get the oio publisher to work with xenforo? I thought it was only for Wordpress. Also be careful. I was talking to the creator of oio publisher and he told me that oio publisher was made for small - medium sized websites. Not really made for large sites that carry a lot of traffic. It tends to be buggy with lots of traffic.
Hi Billy. I'm not exactly sure. One of my admins has set it up. I think he set it up as a standalone script.
Also, I will keep that in mind! Thank you for telling me.

I just thought I would let you know, my browser wont initially allow me to go on your website. It is flagged as "Scam" and "Hate/Discrimination" as a WOT rating. I thought I would let you know as a lot of people use WOT and rely on it to help them make decisions about whether a site is safe or not :). The site looks really nice by the way!

I just thought I would let you know, my browser wont initially allow me to go on your website. It is flagged as "Scam" and "Hate/Discrimination" as a WOT rating. I thought I would let you know as a lot of people use WOT and rely on it to help them make decisions about whether a site is safe or not :). The site looks really nice by the way!
Yes I know this. I have tried to fix the rating. The initial rating was done by a bot. No idea why. I tried to apeal it but nothing budge. The other two comments which where made after I submited in the forum to get better reviews, was done from a previous owner. Something that has been long gone and deleted off the site for some time.

No one on the WOT community bothered to actually check the site and look through it to give it a rating. Therefore, it still has a negative rating for no reason and stuff that is not truthful. I honestly do not believe in the WOT system as no matter what they say, it can easily be manipulated. Our site has positive ratings everywhere else, Google, Mcafee, trustguard, norten etc. Which I believe are much better results then WOT.

I would like to continue this now as I have dug deeper in trying to fix the rating yet again to come to no avail.

Even Facebook Executives Call MYWOT Untrustworthy.
http://botcrawl.com/facebook-execut...thy-web-of-trust-a-haven-for-cyber-criminals/
“The decision to cancel our relationship with MYWOT is unfortunate, however, Facebook has found evidence of manipulation of companies on the MYWOT system. Facebook acknowledges that MYWOT has a open forum rated by internet peers, however the ranking system has substantial flaws.”

Here is a post of someone trying to say its good, read the comments. not a single positive thing on WOT:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/wot-web-of-trust-virginia-c280487.html

You can also check out this guys sad story here:
http://mywotlies.wordpress.com/

some more:
http://i.imgur.com/FGCa7XO.png

It is also pretty bad when they get sued as well.
All I'm saying is, myWOT is not turstworthy at all and I pitty anyone who actually uses it. In fact I will be writing an article on them soon. Should be a good read for you :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom