• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WebDav Tip to save your life.

I don't think it should make any difference but I use 5.3.2 with php extensions off.

I just tried 5.2.13 with Zend off, and 5.3.2. 5.3.2 with nothing seems like the safest bet for design work.

I experienced the same issue on a remote server.

I noticed you have XF installed to a directory above your website root folder. Mine is right at the root. Surely that shouldn't matter...

I just tried 5.2.13 with Zend off, and 5.3.2. 5.3.2 with nothing seems like the safest bet for design work.

I experienced the same issue on a remote server.

I noticed you have XF installed to a directory above your website root folder. Mine is right at the root. Surely that shouldn't matter...

That shouldn't make any difference, I have it in a sub directory as i have about 120+ local websites :p

running out of suggestions..... What browsers are you sing? I had a couple of time Safari going crazy with MAMP Pro and loosing all CSS completely.

I had to reset it and close down MAMP

Maybe try with different browsers.....

Might have more ideas in the morning past 2am here and my brain is half dead :p

Good luck :)

hah.. it's still appreciated. Thanks Miko.

Chrome is primary, but kept bouncing back to FF to double check (since Chrome has some pretty aggressive caching etc).

Wiped files and DB, starting again.

So far I've really liked everything about XF except for the WebDAV editing. Seems like a strange approach.
I wish I could just dump the whole style to real files for design work. I wonder if running a style from the filesystem is possible?

I like how ExpressionEngine gives the option to work with templates as files, but you can always disable it later.

Edit: Just tried again from another fresh install. Same result. I know everyone likes to assume they're not doing anything wrong, but this really does seem pretty straight forward. It doesn't add up.

One last try before I crash here...

Remote server running Turnkey LAMP on a VPS. Fresh install, again.

Cyberduck and Coda return '500 internal server error' when saving. Transmit saves the files, but then corrupts the working style and default style.

Fun stuff :)

Top Bottom