Lack of interest WebDav support for templates attached to add-ons

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Jake B.

I was thinking something that could be done to assist it making add-on development a bit easier is to change up the way the WebDAV structure is for templates with XenForo, currently it is like this:
  • Admin_Templates
    • addon_delete.html
    • addon_edit.html
    • etc...
  • Email_Templates
    • contact.html
    • conversation_insert.html
    • etc...
  • Public_Templates
    • account.css
    • account_alerts.html
    • etc...
Would it be possible to chane it to have something like:

• Admin_Templates
    • addon_id
      • template_1
      • template_2
      • etc...
  • addon_delete.html
  • addon_edit.html
  • etc...
  • Email_Templates
    • addon_id
      • template_1
      • template_2
      • etc...
  • contact.html
  • conversation_insert.html
  • etc...
  • Public_Templates
    • addon_id
      • template_1
      • template_2
      • etc...
  • account.css
  • account_alerts.html
  • etc...
if that makes sense.

Currently if you create a template (if it'll even let you, I haven't tried) it will not be assigned to an add-on. This could make add-on development much easier.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Problem with that approach is third party styles might include templates for add-ons that aren't installed on forum. Those templates will not have add-on associated with them.

I don't see why it needs to be complicated at all. You can already edit add-on templates in WebDav - create empty template in admin control panel, edit it in master style or admin style in WebDav. The only minor step required is to create empty template in admin control panel to assign it to add-on, which takes few seconds.

Problem with that approach is third party styles might include templates for add-ons that aren't installed on forum. Those templates will not have add-on associated with them.
Then they wouldn't be in a directory identified by the add-on ID.

Top Bottom