We Love the Eighties

That helped a bit and I removed three widgets that displayed movies, tv and video games. That seemed to fix the issue thankfully.
Nice site and I like the retro look. Child of the 80's myself (well, more the 70's as I graduated HS in '82).

The biggest issue you are going to find on your landing page being slow is going to relate directly to the number of images.
I had a similar problem on my site as I use several of Bob's add-ons and have widgets for them on the landing page (AMS/ShowCase/RMS/CAS to name a few) with images attached to them and display them in a grid style view. The images that you have for your cover image need to be optimized and large enough to still look good when displayed, but not large in file size.

Nice site and I like the retro look. Child of the 80's myself (well, more the 70's as I graduated HS in '82).

The biggest issue you are going to find on your landing page being slow is going to relate directly to the number of images.
I had a similar problem on my site as I use several of Bob's add-ons and have widgets for them on the landing page (AMS/ShowCase/RMS/CAS to name a few) with images attached to them and display them in a grid style view. The images that you have for your cover image need to be optimized and large enough to still look good when displayed, but not large in file size.

Getting the image sizes right is the tricky part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom