1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water Bottles Causing Cancer Now???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Aug 1, 2013.

  1. DRE

    DRE Well-Known Member

    Saw this on FB.

    This is an article that should be share to anyone important in your life!
    Bottled water in your car is very dangerous!
    People should not drink bottled
    water that has been left in a car. The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin into the water.
    Dioxin is a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue. So please
    be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.
    Use a stainless steel canteen
    or a glass bottle instead of plastic!

    This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical
    Center … No plastic containers in microwaves. No plastic water
    bottles in freezers. No plastic wrap in microwaves.

    Dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to cells in our bodies. Don’t freeze plastic bottles with water
    in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently the Wellness
    Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain
    this health hazard.

    We should not be heating food in the microwave using plastic containers…..
    This especially applies to foods that contain fat.

    The combination of fat, high heat and plastic releases dioxin
    into the food.

    Instead use glass, such as Pyrex or ceramiccontainers
    for heating food… You get the same result, but without the dioxin.. So,
    such things as TV dinners, instant soups, etc., should be removed from
    their containers and heated in something else.

    Paper isn’t bad but you don’t know what is in the paper. It’s safer to
    use tempered glass, such as Pyrex, etc.

    A while ago some of the fast food restaurants
    moved away from the styrene foam containers to paper. The dioxin
    problem is one of the reasons….

    Plastic wrap, such as Cling film, is just as
    dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave.
    As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually
    melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with
    a paper towel instead.
  2. aiman.h.kallaf

    aiman.h.kallaf Active Member

    live your life man
    even the air you breath is causing cancer
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  3. 0xym0r0n

    0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

    Certain types of plastics that are heated can cause cancer. I had a college friend who worked in that sort of industry and he always urged me to bring my own water can *not plastic bottles* to school lol. But there's a number or letter on the bottom of the bottle. One of them is safe(r) than the other. I generally find the cheaper thinner bottles are the least safe.

    BUT life is short no matter what we seem to do. Everything causes cancer these days. Everything contains something terrible now :\ It's crappyyyyy
  4. Martok

    Martok Well-Known Member

    DRE likes this.
  5. Biker

    Biker Well-Known Member


  6. DRE

    DRE Well-Known Member

    *googled it http://www.prevention.com/health/he...inking-water-bottle-left-hot-car-cause-cancer

    0xym0r0n likes this.
  7. KevinL

    KevinL Member

    No..but the bpa might.
  8. The Forum Heroes

    The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

    Has to be legit then...
  9. DRE

    DRE Well-Known Member

  10. The Forum Heroes

    The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

    DRE likes this.

Share This Page