Watched threads widget

HJW

Hello,

I've had a look and can't see it anywhere, but is there a widget to view a list of threads someone is watching? Like a custom forum

Thanks

Not a widget per se but for your own watch list click on {your member name} >> News feed.

A widget to view a watch list for someone else would be a privacy issue, I would think.

Not a widget per se but for your own watch list click on {your member name} >> News feed.

A widget to view a watch list for someone else would be a privacy issue, I would think.
Ah thanks, what I really would like is that functionality but as a widget to show on the home page. Wanting it to show the watchlist for the person that's logged it.

Does anything like that exist?

Not that I'm aware of.

What you could try is create a new HTML widget with the link to the "News feed". This should show a link to the unique list for the logged in member viewing it:

<a href="https://yourdomain.come/whats-new/news-feed">Posts on Followed List</a>

That would at least make it easier to find, instead of "hiding it" as News Feed in the member drop-down menu.

From widgets you already have with latest XF (I'm using 2.1.9) you should create new widget, select New posts for widgets definition, after that just select for Filter option:

Watched
A list of threads the user is watching that have been recently posted in.

I think this is what you want. Or not? After that, place it where you want it. You also have some other options to form this widget.

Top Bottom