Watched Content Page

Forsaken

Similar to what is done with the What's New page, it would be a huge improvement for tracking and monitoring watched content if there was a global page for all content types.

For each content type you need to go through a separate tab to get to the watched content, which severely lowers the usability of the feature.

Here is an example of all different watched content on my main site:

XenForo: Threads, Forums, Tags
Showcase: Item, Category
Ticket: Categories, Users, Tickets
Calendar: Event
Media: Media, Album, Categories
AMS: Articles, Series, Categories

My users watch XF Threads, Showcase Items/Categories, Media Categories/Albums and AMS Articles/Series/Categories. To get to each of those they need to go through four separate tabs.

Instead of that, having the single page that shows the most recent ten watched content updates per content type, and then links to the individual page drastically improves the usability of the feature and would likely bring more usage out of it overall.

Upvote 15
Agreed.. The what's new page is really annoying to use clicking on individual tabs for each content type is tiresome. There should be a page that show all content the admin wants, on a single page. (or split in f.ex two tabs, instead of 10). This is the "content stream" that the current users are expecting from other social medias.

Agreed.. The what's new page is really annoying to use clicking on individual tabs for each content type is tiresome. There should be a page that show all content the admin wants, on a single page. (or split in f.ex two tabs, instead of 10). This is the "content stream" that the current users are expecting from other social medias.
This isn't about a what's new page, this is to consolidate all the different watched content types into a page similar to what's new.

Having separate tabs is not super convenient, but it is still better than having completely separate content types across different tabs entirely.

As far as What's New, @Russ styles provide a sidebar navigation option which is more usable than tabs.

This isn't about a what's new page, this is to consolidate all the different watched content types into a page similar to what's new.

Having separate tabs is not super convenient, but it is still better than having completely separate content types across different tabs entirely.

As far as What's New, @Russ styles provide a sidebar navigation option which is more usable than tabs.
That's a default feature in XF style properties :D

I've been wishing for a single 'watched content' page that combines the lot - in the meantime, I've made some template edits, which get half way there by adding a sidenav menu.

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 16.47.32.webp

It doesn't make a single page, but it does make them all look part of the same thing

Top Bottom