Not a bug - ? - watch thread

EQnoble

I have my prefs so that I automatically watch threads I post in now. What I noticed was when I replied to a thread, my reply was moved into the thread (like normal) so I have to assume in someway the page refreshed or reloaded a small part of it. I went to the top of the screen to click watch thread (forgetting my pref settings) and when I did it prompted me with un-watch this thread. I am wondering if this is the nature of how it is supposed to work and i'm supposed to refresh the pageor if this infact a bug. It's not really a big deal as it only happened because I made my first post in the thread as a reply with watch thread as a default action to posting but I assumed that because the post is added into the thread as soon as you post it right in front of your eye I assumed it would refresh the "watch" status as well.

Your quick reply is added to the thread using AJAX, which doesn't constitute a page refresh. So yes, you'd have to refresh the page for the "watch thread" link to update. If you reply to a thread using the full editor instead of the quick reply, the link would be correct when you're taken to the thread upon submitting your post.

I'm pretty sure there's no way around this, but it never hurts to bring it to the devs' attention. ;)

Your reply is added to the thread using AJAX, which doesn't constitute a page refresh. So yes, you'd have to refresh the page for the "watch thread" link to update. If you reply to a thread using the full editor instead of the quick reply, the link would be correct when you're taken to the thread upon submitting your post.

Interesting tidbit ... and it does help my little brain want to pop :D

I'm pretty sure there's no way around this, but it never hurts to bring it to the devs' attention. ;)
That was my logic I figure at worst I wasted 30 seconds of someones time where if it was an issue it's on the table. The only thing to lose here is my dignity and can't seem to find where I placed it.:p

My first reaction to this would be 'as designed' but to go the extra mile, you could change 'Watch thread' to 'Unwatch thread' after doing the quick reply and the member automatically subscribes to the thread. Just return the 'watched' status with the quick reply.

Top Bottom