Lack of interest Watch Thread - Original Poster (OP) Reply Alert

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

NuitTombee

Please forgive me if it's been suggested already. If this is the wrong place I apologize again, not being a forum owner severely limits the options available, this fit best to my limited knowledge.

Several of the forums I frequent, two of which use XenForo, participate in writing fiction. An often repeated request I see is for the option of being able to receive an alert when the thread creator replies.

I imagine it'd look something like this.

ZGRKj4u.png

Thank you for your time.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This just seems like bloat to me. You already get alerts when a reply is made and they show who.

Last edited:
This just seems like bloat to me. You already get alerts when a reply is made and they shows who.
Yeah, I suppose that for XenForo as a whole it might be asking for too much. But I didn't have access to Resource and Add-on Requests so this was the best available option I could see.

Yeah, I suppose that for XenForo as a whole it might be asking for too much. But I didn't have access to Resource and Add-on Requests so this was the best available option I could see.

What you're suggesting, though, pretty much already happens.

What you're suggesting, though, pretty much already happens.
Not quite.

You can get an alert from the most recent new post, by anyone, but if that's what I wanted I can use the Watched Threads page. No, what I want is for the alert to tell me when the original poster of the thread makes a new post in said thread. This is mainly to skip over most the conversation that someone wouldn't care for seeing, which the current alert method does not do at all.

Top Bottom