XF 2.0 Watch all threads on registration

SSLabRat

I've seen this before and read the answers, but I'm not getting new users on registration to be automatically watching all threads.

Settings:
1526516609791.webp

But this is what the user sees after registration:
1526516656637.webp

What am I missing?

A

Attachments

• 1526516641342.webp
    1526516641342.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 5
The user isn't watching the threads even with the settings I put up, the only way the user gets emails is to manually "watch" each thread. I'd prefer my users to already be watching all threads and receiving emails when a new thread is posted. And if they want to unwatch, they can.

The options are not designed to do what you're expecting them to do. These are just the default options per user per his action.
So you would read those options as: Watch own content on creation
etc.

Nope, it would be a nightmare for sites. Imagine if you have 100k members and a spambot signs up and posts 10 threads, bam, 1 million spam emails going out.

Thanks. I see your point, but not all sites have lots of members. Several hundred members, and if I have approval over every registration, spambots shouldn't be an issue. This is also tied to an active directory, so unless a user is already in the active directory they can't register.

I think this is a good idea, but forum owners should use with caution for reasons mentioned by Slavik.

One of my forums is a small forum designed to be only used by local residents (<200). Many are elderly and even just registering stretches the limits of their computer skills so it would be useful if they were to automatically be watching specific nodes that are important announcements (bots and spammers would not be able to post on those)

Hemnce my thread here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...cific-user-group-watch-specific-forum.135607/

The query works but would be good if it was automatic.

I think you should make this a suggestion thread.

Top Bottom