XF 2.2 Warning system - what does warned members see?

creativeforge

Hi, I'm trying to have a clear understanding of what the WARN system does from the moment a warning is being applied to a member. I've searched the forum but can't find a tutorial. Is there one, ideally one WITH PICTURES or video?

1- What does the member see next time they login?

2- Do they receive a notification or email?

3- Warning points are set at 199 for Inappropriate behaviour (expires in one year) - is that useful, overkill, etc?

Thanks for any tip,

Andre

Last edited:

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
1- What does the member see next time they login?
Nothing different, assuming there was no warning action which added them to a restricted user group, etc.

2- Do they receive a notification or email?
They receive a conversation if you opt to send one when warning.

3- Warning points are set at 199 for Inappropriate behaviour (expires in one year) - is that useful, overkill, etc?
Typically you would set warnings up based on your use case - 3 points for breaking a specific rule, 5 points for doing it again and ignoring the staff, 10 points for something else, usually expiring in under a year.
Then you could implement warning actions which add members to other limited groups based on the number of points they have.

creativeforge

Typically you would set warnings up based on your use case - 3 points for breaking a specific rule, 5 points for doing it again and ignoring the staff, 10 points for something else, usually expiring in under a year.

Thanks Brogan, so basically that figure of 199 is way overkill for a first warning. I'll have to look into this more closely.

Cheers,

Andre