Warning folks,serious new flaw found in Windows

Many companies still use them as a "Standard" system in their computers. I worked for a security company that only knows of IE and Outlook as the only two "good" browsers and email clients....
Sad part is, just because it's more convenient for the IT techs in many companies (and for the people paying them, it's cost "efficient"...until they need to fix problems like this), they just use what came out of the box on the machines.
I already knew this. Forgive me because I couldn't have possibly made my post anymore obvious to you for the humor it holds.

Mainly because IE is part of the Core of Windows (literally and sadly)
I think Microsoft co-mingled the browser and the OS to justify shipping IE with every Windows PC. I think if they kept them separate .... it would have been easier to pin them as using their OS dominance to bring browser dominance (which is exactly what they did). Of course, the inevitable consequence of a Browser / OS melange is insecurity.

I think Microsoft co-mingled the browser and the OS to justify shipping IE with every Windows PC. I think if they kept them separate .... it would have been easier to pin them as using their OS dominance to bring browser dominance (which is exactly what they did). Of course, the inevitable consequence of a Browser / OS melange is insecurity.

There is that, but as Mattie Num Nums stated, they made better for mass deployment and better management (which I think was a side-effect of making part of the core, wasn't intentional in the beginning...just my opinion though :p)

Top Bottom