Wanted: Prevent posts with blocked URL's

BentDreams

I am looking for something that will prevent a user from making a post with a link to a competitor's website.

It should pop up an overlay message letting them know that they can't create posts/replies using these sites.

I use the censor system to change domain.com to "we don't allow links to this domain".

Doesn't always work perfectly if they're deep-linking (can end up with the text in the middle of the link) but it certainly stops the link from working, and also gets the point across.

A quick search can reveal the posts periodically to do some housekeeping and remove them fully.

Thanks @Donny but I am looking for something that will allow me to pop up a message immediately that prevents them from actually completing the post and tells them to correct it. The spam and censor options don't appear to do that. They either replace the text with other characters or the take some other action without the poster's knowledge unless it gets moderated or they get an e-mail or disciplinary action.

Yeah I understand that. That's all I've come up with for that same issue. If you find something like what you're looking for, give me a shout!

Top Bottom