VM'S and NFS shares

Seeker-Smith

Hi,
Anybody have a good / great working knowledge of running a VM and a NFS share?

Scenario: I have a fast sever lots of RAM but small disk space. I also have a large storage device. I'm wanting to use the fast server as the front end the NFS space for data and internal_data. Setting up the share "datastore" was easy. But apache2. is saying "hold it" I don't like this. Both are set for www-data permissions.

I see in php7.4 info "virtual directory support" "disabled but from what I've read that is not this issue but I could be wrong.

Any ideas or help is appreciated.

I'm wanting to use the fast server as the front end the NFS space for data and internal_data. Setting up the share "datastore" was easy. But apache2. is saying "hold it" I don't like this. Both are set for www-data permissions.
I don't know what you are talking about Apache (hold it?), but you definitly do not want internal_data/code-cache on NFS.
If you do move internal_data to NFS make sure to reconfigure code-cache to a local directory.

The internal_data/code-cache folder generally doesn't regenerate on access, so you need it shared between instances or to manage deployment across multiple nodes as a unit.

This is likely a matter of forcing uid/gid to be set for NFS, which is frankly a pain but there are few better options without a lot of work

Top Bottom