XF 1.5 Viewing Banned Member Profiles

CNason

I have seen many threads on this topic from the past (Specifically on 1.3.x and 1.4.x) there was previously a php file (UserProfile.php) that has a block of code, that if commented out anyone could view a banned members profile however I do not have sed file on 1.5.x and am curious if there is a new method to viewing banned users profiles (for every member, not for those with the permission) or do I simply need to create the missing file?

This was the previous solution:

library/XenForo/Model/UserProfile.php

Remove (or comment) the bold code:

Rich (BB code):
    public function canViewFullUserProfile(array $user, &$errorPhraseKey = '', array $viewingUser = null)
    {
        $this->standardizeViewingUserReference($viewingUser);

if ($viewingUser['user_id'] == $user['user_id'])
        {
            return true; // always let a user view their own profile
        }

if (!XenForo_Permission::hasPermission($viewingUser['permissions'], 'general', 'viewProfile'))
        {
            return false;
        }

$userModel = $this->_getUserModel();

if (!$userModel->passesPrivacyCheck($user['allow_view_profile'], $user, $viewingUser))
        {
            $errorPhraseKey = 'member_limits_viewing_profile';
            return false;
            // TODO: we should do a limited profile at some point
        }

// don't display the profiles of unconfirmed users
        if ($user['user_state'] != 'valid' & $user['user_state'] != 'email_confirm_edit' && !$userModel->canByPassUserPrivacy($user['user_id']))
        {
            $errorPhraseKey = 'this_users_profile_is_not_available';
            return false;
        }

// user profiles of permanently-banned users should be unavailable to all but privacy-bypassing users
        if ($user['is_banned'])
        {
            $ban = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_Banning')->getBannedUserById($user['user_id']);

if ($ban && $ban['end_date'] == 0 && !$userModel->canBypassUserPrivacy($null, $viewingUser))
            {
                $errorPhraseKey = 'this_users_profile_is_not_available';
                return false;
            }
        }

return true;
    }

I am still needing a solution for this.

I have since learned that I can allow everyone to bypass user privacy to make banned members viewable but that does remove the ability for users to limit the viewing of their profile and I would prefer another solution.

Top Bottom