XF 1.4 View node based on membership length

saucylost

Is there a way to have a forum unlock for a member based on membership length? I have a drama llama forum for petty bickering that erupts between some members and I just don't want to have it turn off new members. It is hidden from public and non signed in members but it become visible when people do sign in. Could I set it to become visible after a member has been on the site for say 1 week?

Okay, I see the feature and it looks like what I'm trying to do. I notice some other cool things that could be fun to play with when glancing at it. I'm not sure I understand how it works. I will need to get some sleep and look at this fresh tomorrow. I'm so happy there's a way to do this though :)

I have enabled a promotion for the group based on membership length. I ran the cron and it has not upgraded all members that fit the criteria.
It will have only promoted members who were recently active. The rest will be applied when they next visit the site. However if you want the promotion to apply to all who meet the criteria now the rebuild the user group promotion cache in the ACP.

I think things are working out. I set the cron to updated every minute for the time being and I have manually updated members who messaged me that they were no longer able to see the crap forum.

I think things are working out. I set the cron to updated every minute for the time being and I have manually updated members who messaged me that they were no longer able to see the crap forum.
There was no need to do this, the instructions in my previous post would have resolved the issue.

As Martok said, running the rebuild in the Tools menu would instantly apply it to all members, whether they have been recently active or not.

Top Bottom