XF 1.3 View members only of the user's group

Leah

Hi everyone,
I'm struggling with this scenario and how best to implement it.
My xenforo board is private, so all users have to be registered (and approved) to view. I've done this by making the parent node private and explicity granting access to registered members.
I'm now introducing another node for a separate set of users. NEITHER SET OF USERS CAN SEE THE POSTS OF THE OTHER GROUP. So Group A can view Forum A but not Forum B, Group B can view Forum B but not Forum A.
So far, all good.
The trouble I am having is that e.g. Group B can still view the member list and member information of all the users in Group A.
How do I change the Members List to show only those Members in Group B, if you are logged in as a member of Group B?
Thanks, hope that makes sense!!

Group A are in User Group RegisteredA. Group B is in user Group RegisteredB. The permissions for the User Groups are identical. Both Nodes are set to Private; Group A has "view node" access to Node A, and Group B has "view node" access to Node B.

All your users should have Registered as their primary user group. Then give those groups (A, B, C, etc.) the permissions you only want them to have.

..which takes me back to my question, how to structure it so that Group B can view ONLY their node and their member list, and group A only theirs?

• User group A: Revoke permissions to nodes B and C; grant access to node A
  • User group B: Revoke permissions to nodes A and C; grant access to node B

Thank you @Jeremy that answers my question :-) is it possible to at least restrict the Member Information that is seen, based on user group? So that Group B can view the member list but not the personal information, say?

Top Bottom