Not a bug Video-Uploads from camera of mobile devices

Sperber

I´m running XF 2.1.4, device is a Samsung S8 with the latest Android. I´ve tried to add a video recording directly from the camera of the phone. I record the video (as mp4), hit the OK button, the file gets uploaded and right after the upload is finished this happens:

screenshot_20191031.jpg

Uploading a video from the device storage isn´t a problem, when you select the devices storage in the prompt that appears after clicking "Attach file". But it doesn´t work, when you choose "Camera" as source. This is a reproducable issue.

From what I understand when you take a photo with the phone using the Camera as a source the photo is saved to the phone when taken, however video content is treat differently and needs to be saved to the phone in order for the phone to process the content into a file.

It will work as you want if using Facebook and Live broadcast from your phone but FB saves the file content on upload as far as I'm aware

From what I understand when you take a photo with the phone using the Camera as a source the photo is saved to the phone when taken, however video content is treat differently and needs to be saved to the phone in order for the phone to process the content into a file.

It will work as you want if using Facebook and Live broadcast from your phone but FB saves the file content on upload as far as I'm aware
No, I´d already filed a ticket and was told to do a bug report here, so the developers are aware of it. It works as designed on some devices, but obviously not for all devices. So it just needs some tweaks, I guess.

I have tried to reproduce this on a number of Android devices, including a Samsung S8, in multiple browsers and I have been unable to.

I'm not really able to comment on why you experienced this as I'm not particularly an Android expert but, from our point of view, we will upload the content that the device/browser gives us.

In this particular case, the device has given us what appears to be an empty file, hence the error.

We have no programmatic control over the device's camera or how the file is received to us so, unfortunately, even if this was something we could reproduce there is very likely nothing we can do about it.

Running Apple 11 and new Apple ipad and getting same “empty file” error with all video upload attempts. Prior to this one uploaded member seem to have uploaded successfully but not showing on android and Apple.

Top Bottom