• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vibrant Media tags erase templates?

Joshua

I'm not sure how this could happen but when I add Vibrant Media in-image ad tags to footer or page_container_js_body templates it ERASES the entire template. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The content of the template is erased after you save it? It only happens when that specific ad code is present?

There is probably a server rule being triggered. Mod_security is a possibility. Truncated request vars are also typical of suhosin in PHP. You need to contact your host to track this down.

Brent W

This has happened for me as well. I do not have Mod_security on my server. I find it only happens when you hit the save and reload option.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I find it only happens when you hit the save and reload option.
Save + Reload = JSON request
Save + Exit = POST request

I have seen servers that apply special rules to JSON requests, such as this guy:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/editing-node-page-error.51308/#post-550657

Try it with javascript disabled which will cause it to use POST instead of JSON. I bet it will work.

This is still consistent with an overly restrictive server rule. My advice is still the same... contact your host.

Joshua

Revisited this with the same Vibrant code. Used Save and Exit (POST) and it still happened. I will contact my host but I'm not too clear on the specifics and what they'll need to know to investigate further.