Very interested in Xenforo

s2kinteg916

Hello i have no coding background but i do outsource my development to a offshore firm.

I really like where xenforo is going and even in this beta stage the features are enough to make me happy. I have a existing review website in a particular niche built on php.

My first question is when a user submits a review of a product i would like to update their activity feed. Would this be possible? Will this cause any issues since it would be a external xenforo activity.

My second question in order to build the best / flexible user integration system am i better off building it on top of xenforo or building my own user registration system and linking the accounts? via a extension or something along of those lines

My first question is when a user submits a review of a product i would like to update their activity feed. Would this be possible? Will this cause any issues since it would be a external xenforo activity.

That is certainly possible but it requires custom code to update the feed. It won't necessarily cause any issues, it's just a matter of coding it correctly.

My second question in order to build the best / flexible user integration system am i better off building it on top of xenforo or building my own user registration system and linking the accounts? via a extension or something along of those lines

Having just one user system is ideal. xenForo already has a good dev community. There are already several addons for the software at this current beta stage. Unless you have a compelling reason to use a different user system then I think building on xenForo is a good option.

Or you can have separate user systems with separate logins for the forum and your other web pages. There is an argument for not building your entire site around a central application because that can make things more difficult in terms of future upgrades.

Top Bottom