[VersoBit] Badges [Deleted]

I’ve not done any work to the addon, it’s someone else’s.
The fact that you bother enough to take over someone's abandoned work is much appreciated.
Hope you change your mind and work on this in your free time. It's a shame that there are many other nice works that are no longer maintained these days.

The way I have i tset up on my forum currently, users can receive and display multiple badges. You might want to do some tinkering to make it display those without squashing them when they get automatically resized though.
Would you happen to know if a user got a badge based on some user criteria and now we change the user criteria which should disqualify the user, and then we rerun the cron, why the user still have the badge?

Would you happen to know if a user got a badge based on some user criteria and now we change the user criteria which should disqualify the user, and then we rerun the cron, why the user still have the badge?
My understanding is that the system only checked if someone was eligible for the badge when it was added to them. I don't believe they ever got around to implementing a feature to automatically remove badges from people.

My understanding is that the system only checked if someone was eligible for the badge when it was added to them. I don't believe they ever got around to implementing a feature to automatically remove badges from people.
You can remove badges from people if need to.

Both addons, this and the paid one have this issue. This is so key that I cant understand why they didnt add that or fix that. The criteria system with this one is broken which is why I dont use this one.

Both addons, this and the paid one have this issue. This is so key that I cant understand why they didnt add that or fix that. The criteria system with this one is broken which is why I dont use this one.
I have been using this addon for half year. And is OK. Haven't noticed any big issues. However, if TH will release their private addon, I'll go for that one.

I have been using this addon for half year. And is OK. Haven't noticed any big issues. However, if TH will release their private addon, I'll go for that one.
No, it is not okay. The criteria system, the key part for such an addon, is broken as hell. It doesn't work.

Set up a custom user field, let your users choose their badges, see if it works...

So I found a workaround for this issue.
In the database, you will find a table where it keeps a record of all users that got a badge. It has badge_id where you can filter and remove all records of a specific badge id.
Then rerun the cron job to repopulate.

No, it is not okay. The criteria system, the key part for such an addon, is broken as hell. It doesn't work.

Set up a custom user field, let your users choose their badges, see if it works...

I have custom user criteria by TH, and seems that is working in my case.

Can you make this add-on premium and add the best badge to display on profile picture? I just don't like it at the bottom and I have no idea for it.

badgepremium.webp

Next suggestion

Combine the Badges add-on with User Reputation, and where there is a circle, it's the last badge you have earned. Reputation points could be awarded for posts, reactions, registration, and badges earned.

I think many people would be interested in such add-on.

2s.png

Just installed this one over on my site. In the process of making badges. Time consuming, but adds a lot to the site IMO. Hope to see it further developed in the future.

This is the best award system in Xenforo I have seen so far. It would be shame if that wouldn't be developed further, since it still needs some minor improvements. If there will be no volunteers in upcoming months, I guess I will develop some new features that I personally need. Since I've got it for free I would gladly share those changes also for free, but it wold be just one time job, I definitely won't take it over to maintain this addon in long term.

Would love if it could create a thread in a designated forum/thread when a user unlocks a badge. That would be awesome.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 3.57.55 PM.webp
Does anyone know what to put here? I created several Custom User Fields and I want the Badge to unlock because there is text. I was hoping clicking the checkbox would allow for that to happen. But it isn't working for any of the Custom User Fields. Any ideas?

Top Bottom