[VersoBit] Badges [Deleted]

I was looking for something like this and found this addon to be ideal.

But having a bit of issue as I was doing some tests and awarded some badges to my test account but then removed them all.

However it is still showing as 2 badges in the profile. How can I reset this to 0 now?Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.09.39 AM.webp

Is there a template conditional that we can use in such as user_has_badge_X?
There are currently no methods to check if a user has a badge in a template. I can definitely add it in a future update though.

Currently you can only award badges to a user if they have a specific badge or set of badges. (see below)

1608268812021.webp

Got it. leaving it here for reference.
CSS:
@media (max-width: 650px){
    .featuredBadges--message {
        justify-content: start !important;
        position: relative !important;
        top: 0 !important;
        right: 0 !important;
    }
}
Thanks for this :D

Hiya!
I'm having some issues with user permissions. It seems like my other admin is unable to award badges for some reason. Any ideas? Based on permissions, they shouldn't be having any problems.

Thanks,
Harvest

Hiya!
I'm having some issues with user permissions. It seems like my other admin is unable to award badges for some reason. Any ideas? Based on permissions, they shouldn't be having any problems.

Thanks,
Harvest
Nevermind! Giving the other admin super moderator seems to have fixed it!

Nevermind! Giving the other admin super moderator seems to have fixed it!
This is because the logic for showing the badge permissions also checks for the moderator parameter. If its not set, it will not show the option.

This will be rewritten with some global settings in the next update.

I have some problems with users who tried to manage their badges
I have set to no the settings to manage featured badges however the user
https://interfans.org/forum/members/m0loch.11537/ Is only displaying one badge but has 5
This would be because the user featured a badge before you changed these settings.

I guess there should be a way to clear out favourites as an admin... for now youd need to delete rows from the sql table

Having a weird issue.

I have a separate usergroup called 'Registered Invitees' where users whom have registered using a referral addon are promoted to this specific usergroup. Now, I've created a badge exclusively for these members and checked the following options under the 'award if' page under the badge.

• User has registered using a referral link
  • User is a member of any of the selected user groups: (I've selected the correct usergroup)

This doesn't seem to apply the badge to anyone except for myself. No idea why! This should apply it to 17 members whom are under this specific usergroup.

Many thanks, and happy holidays :)

Love this addon! Definitely looking forward to the auto-remove feature @VersoBit!
However, I do have a feature request;

It'd be great if a user clicks on a badge, a modal shows up with the title & description of the badge, so you don't have to visit the badges page to figure what this badge is for!

Just getting back into the grove here after enjoying the holidays the best I could virtually with the family. Some updates will be coming out soon!

I will add a function to the addon to clear out featured badges via acp in a future update... for now, manual fix below:

You'll want to use phpMyAdmin and find the table named xf_cmtv_badges_user_badge;
RUN the following SQL statement on the table: UPDATE xf_cmtv_badges_user_badge SET featured = 0 WHERE featured != 0;

Having a weird issue.

I have a separate usergroup called 'Registered Invitees' where users whom have registered using a referral addon are promoted to this specific usergroup. Now, I've created a badge exclusively for these members and checked the following options under the 'award if' page under the badge.

• User has registered using a referral link
  • User is a member of any of the selected user groups: (I've selected the correct usergroup)

This doesn't seem to apply the badge to anyone except for myself. No idea why! This should apply it to 17 members whom are under this specific usergroup.

Many thanks, and happy holidays :)
The awarding system is based off of the users activity; the badge wont award unless the user has been online in the activity interval you set in the global settings. Try changing your activity interval to disabled and run the cron manually to see if the badge awards?

Love this addon! Definitely looking forward to the auto-remove feature @VersoBit!
However, I do have a feature request;

It'd be great if a user clicks on a badge, a modal shows up with the title & description of the badge, so you don't have to visit the badges page to figure what this badge is for!
great idea, something we'll add in the future.

Having some issues with either the cron job triggering or criteria not properly being met.
for example I have a badge that is awarded to any member who joins and is doing so by the criteria of being in the "Registered" user group.

However sometimes this event triggers instantly and sometimes it's hours. I've tried having my cron activity interval set to disabled and 15 minutes.
Not sure if this is a known issue or not.

@VersoBit: This AddOn adds one query per post. Isn't there a better way to fetch the badges?

All the queries looks like this:

SELECT xf_cmtv_badges_user_badge., xf_cmtv_badges_badge_Badge_1.
FROM xf_cmtv_badges_user_badge
LEFT JOIN xf_cmtv_badges_badge AS xf_cmtv_badges_badge_Badge_1 ON (xf_cmtv_badges_badge_Badge_1.badge_id = xf_cmtv_badges_user_badge.badge_id)
WHERE (xf_cmtv_badges_user_badge.user_id = XXXXXX)
ORDER BY xf_cmtv_badges_user_badge.award_date DESC

Top Bottom