[VersoBit] Badges [Deleted]

Not something I’m planning on supporting anytime soon.

Other users like @Brad P have achieved this as per the last addon thread (for the unmaintained version).

To do this you will need to manually modify templates.

Thanks. Will be nice to have that as an option.

There is a CRON job that automatically applies badges to users who have been recently active. You need to set criteria for the badges for this to work.

We do not provide any badges for you, you’ll have to design, and create your own.
Are the badges based on throphies?
Are they displayed on postbit?
is there a page that show them all?
Can I see a screenshot of how the look(demo)?

thanks 😊

Are the badges based on throphies?
Are they displayed on postbit?
is there a page that show them all?
Can I see a screenshot of how the look(demo)?

thanks 😊
The addon you came from had screenshots available. The addon looks the same as it’s a derivative of it.

I will add screenshots when I have some time to the resource itself.

Badges are not based on trophies.
They can be displayed in the postBit or memberTooltip.

There is a badge showcase added to your help pages.

The addon you came from had screenshots available. The addon looks the same as it’s a derivative of it.

I will add screenshots when I have some time to the resource itself.

Badges are not based on trophies.
They can be displayed in the postBit or memberTooltip.

There is a badge showcase added to your help pages.
Thank you so how are the badges based on if not on throphies?

Here is the live example, if want to to see how it does work: https://forum.mountblade.info/help/badges/ (if you click on the number below the description, you will see list of people who were awarded with this badge).

Postbits example: https://forum.mountblade.info/threads/pp20-składy-i-kontakty.21290/page-2#post-401161

Thank you so how are the badges based on if not on throphies?
They may be based on the same criterias like trophies. Or you can decide to give some of them manually (for example we use cron to give people badges for number of messages or years since their registration, but the rest of them (like torunaments won) we give manually.

not sure why only 2 members are showing the badge
the badged is based on users who got trophy as "user of the month" and I got 100+
Badges only works with users who have been active within the last two hours by default.

Under the admin settings for this addon, you can customize the activity interval.
However the larger the interval, the more of a performance impact it carries.

I've got some ideas for the new features. If they will be cool enough to implement it, I could prepare some GUI sketches.

1) Bagdes levels.
  • It could be useful for generic badges like messages (for example: level 1 - 100 messages, level 2 - 250 messages, etc...) or years since registration date (level 1 - 1 year, level 2 - 3 years, etc ...)
  • All of them would be still separate, like they are right now (and all of them still would be accessible for users to feature in their profiles)
  • Such associated badges would be displayed in the profile as a stack of bagdes
2) Repetitions
  • It could be used for awards in competitions (for example in-game tournament or any forum competition, becasue someone might win another season of the same competition more than once)
  • Badges would have one more database column (like quantity or something), which would store number of how many times user got this award
  • It could be displayed in the user profile again as a stack of the same badges (of course it wouldn't be allowed to give badges with levels more than once to avoid conflict) or with the appropriate number in the corner
  • Users would get an alert every time they've got another repetition of already given badge
3) Ranks
  • That would work like on PS or Xbox (of course admin would have an option to turn it on/off)
  • For example - every badge could have it's rank, like bronze, silver, gold and platinum
  • In the users profile there would be 4 icons with number of gathered badges of every rank (so it would work more like achievements with this option enabled)

I've got some ideas for the new features. If they will be cool enough to implement it, I could prepare some GUI sketches.

1) Bagdes levels.
  • It could be useful for generic badges like messages (for example: level 1 - 100 messages, level 2 - 250 messages, etc...) or years since registration date (level 1 - 1 year, level 2 - 3 years, etc ...)
  • All of them would be still separate, like they are right now (and all of them still would be accessible for users to feature in their profiles)
2) Repetitions
  • It could be used for awards in competitions (for example in-game tournament or any forum competition, becasue someone might win another season of the same competition more than once)
  • Badges would have one more database column (like quantity or something), which would store number of how many times user got this award
  • It could be displayed in the user profile again as a stack of the same badges (of course it wouldn't be allowed to give badges with levels more than once to avoid conflict) or with the appropriate number in the corner
  • Users would get an alert every time they've got another repetition of already given badge
3) Ranks
  • That would work like on PS or Xbox (of course admin would have an option to turn it on/off)
  • For example - every badge could have it's rank, like bronze, silver, gold and platinum
  • In the users profile there would be 4 icons with number of gathered badges of every rank (so it would work more like achievements with this option enabled)
love it!

1) Bagdes levels.
2) Repetitions
3) Ranks

good idea

Hi, how can I show 8 awards in the postbit?
4 per line

Yeah. sure. It's enough to set this in group permissions (you can set different limit of featured badges in postbit for every group). If you want to change number of badges per line, you have to set their size (Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Badges). The smaller size you will set, the more badges will fit in one line (but their resolution will be lower and less details will be visible).

Yeah. sure. It's enough to set this in group permissions (you can set different limit of featured badges in postbit for every group). If you want to change number of badges per line, you have to set their size (Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Badges). The smaller size you will set, the more badges will fit in one line (but their resolution will be lower and less details will be visible).
awesome! thanks

Resolution isnt much of an issue if you utilize @1x @2x @3x @4x badge images, but that can be tedious depending on your setup... Tools coming to make that easier soon ;)

Top Bottom