vBulletin Migration - What gets lost?

MGSteve

Is there a thread around which details what features are in vB that aren't in XF yet? i.e. what are we likely to loose in a move.

I appreciate something like this is going to be ever changing, but it would be useful to know.

Yeah, that's the thread I just replied to I think.

These are two biggies for us at the moment and two must haves before we can move.
* Paid Subs migration (I don't fancy entering 500+ users subs details)
* Punishment / Discipline / Infraction / Big Stick System! ;)

Yes Steve. Wouldn't want to see all my work go to waste would we ;)
LOL. true! ;) and this is without even thinking about any of the hacks we've got installed.
Paid subscriptions are in XenForo. However, they are not imported (as doing so is quite difficult).
I can't see why it would be difficult. You'd have to accept the auto-renewing would be a problem as the IPN would go to the wrong URL (relatively easy to solve with a redirect though I'd have thought).

But to get people running reasonable sized boards over, they need to address this. No-one who uses a paid subs system to finance their site would dream of moving to XenForo if it didn't import all the Paid Subs related information as well.

Request for overview/manual on importing an vBulletin forum

I have a request for the staff: if it's not already there... why not make a Sticky discussion or Pages (article) with a clear overview of how an import from vBulletin 3.8 --> XenForo works? So wanna-be ex vBulletin customers know the ins and outs of converting. We need to know what is not imported and what we need to do after the import to fix known issues (for example: I believe the quotes are one of them?)

Request for overview/manual on importing an vBulletin forum

I have a request for the staff: if it's not already there... why not make a Sticky discussion or Pages (article) with a clear overview of how an import from vBulletin 3.8 --> XenForo works? So wanna-be ex vBulletin customers know the ins and outs of converting. We need to know what is not imported and what we need to do after the import to fix known issues (for example: I believe the quotes are one of them?)

Go to admin.php > tools > import > select vB 3 import > give vb db details > go through the steps > finish import > go through usergroups and node permissions > rebuild caches > make site live.

You can use the Account Upgrade and re-add the users. Took me 3 minutes. Different feature, but same outcome.
Re-add the users? erm, not sure I'd want to do that manually with over 500 users who have subscriptions....

Hell, it'd probably be easy enough to write a script to copy them over anyway.

Top Bottom