XF 2.1 VBulletin Cloud to Xenforo

UND_Sioux

Moving from vBulletin cloud to Xenforo. Sorry for noob question. I have a current forum on VBulletin Cloud. Not a fan. I just set up Xenforo on a host and I'm wondering if there is any way to import my database from VBulletin Cloud into my Xenforo without having them on the same server? Right now, I can have VBulletin send me my database as a back. Would that be sufficient? Otherwise, would I have to pay the $250 and convert my VBulletin cloud to a stand alone, then migrate, then cancel. That seems like a waste of money for a brand new forum that I just set up recently. Thanks.

If you can get a dump of the database and any associated server files (attachments, avatars, etc.) then you can upload those to the server where XF is installed and do the import.

You don't need the VB software - just the database and attachments.

If you can get a dump of the database and any associated server files (attachments, avatars, etc.) then you can upload those to the server where XF is installed and do the import.

You don't need the VB software - just the database and attachments.

OK. Another noob question, I know. I was able to get the database. I guess my question becomes exactly what information transfers over. Do just the users, their avatars, come over. Can I copy the nodes? I guess what I mean is exactly is what do I have to set up new and what will transfer?

That will work.

You will need to import the database into MySQL in a separate instance to XF and upload the files to the server in a temp directory so the importer can copy them to XF.

Then install the importer add-on and run the import.

OK. I'm super lost. On the document you provided above, it says to go to the tools for the importer. In there, it says that the imports are now a separate download. I found that. What do I do with that folder that I downloaded? How do I run the importer?

Top Bottom