vBulletin 4.x conversion... with products and mods

Bonsai Coder

From people who are familiar with xenForo, I would like some general impressions on the feasibility of recreating the functionality of my site using xenForo versus vBulletin as the backbone.

My site: www.bonsainut.com

Current Products:
vBulletin 4.2.2
vBadvanced CMPS with a couple custom modules
vBadvanced Links (with Thumbshots)
PhotoPost Photo Galleries

Current Mods:
PostThanks (post thank you mod)

Site works fine currently, but the writing is on the wall - I will need to upgrade the forum software in the next year; it is starting to show its age.

NEW features that I am looking for in my new platform:
(1) Improved mobile functionality.
(2) Publishing suite; blog and article support
(3) Online chat box / chat room functionality

How much of the above is currently available in xenForo, or via available mods/products? Do you see any particular technical issues moving from my current platform to xenForo (aside from those associated with a vanilla vBulletin transition)?

Can you elaborate a little on this? What does this "links" product do?

You can see my example page here.

The links directory product allows users to submit links to other web resources, these are moderated and if approved will show up in a directory that is sortable, searchable, etc. It is integrated with Thumbshots, so that submitting a link automatically generates a thumbnail of the front page of the linked site. It is a pretty slick product (vBadvanced made it as a commercial add-on).

The links directory product allows users to submit links to other web resources, these are moderated and if approved will show up in a directory that is sortable, searchable, etc. It is integrated with Thumbshots, so that submitting a link automatically generates a thumbnail of the front page of the linked site. It is a pretty slick product (vBadvanced made it as a commercial add-on).

I am not sure if such an add-on exists. You can search the RM, as Brogan mentioned, to see if anything suits your needs. :)

You could probably use the Showcase add-on by @Bob, it has custom fields you could add that would allow users to add URL links or other info with the submission. Also categories for sorting various things if needed.

Hi, can XenForo provide me this kind of links?

vBulltin Link

example.com/forumname/ (This link is easy with route filter)

for topic

example.com/topicid-topicname/ If this link is possible than i'm ready to buy XenForo :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom