Vbulletin 4 Migration

DannyCutts

Hi all

I have a very big Vb4 forum that has nearly 500,000 posts and 25,000 members :-)

I am looking at moving to Xenforo as I not overly keen on VB5 and I want the site to be a mobile friendly :-)

I need to have a sidebar on the left of the screen and I need to be able to display banners after every 4th post... is this possible?

Also is there a service where I can pay someone to make the migration for me? The site cant be down for very long...

Will the members need to reset passwords or anything like that?

Thanks

need to have a sidebar on the left of the screen

This can be accomplished with template edits.

Also is there a service where I can pay someone to make the migration for me? The site cant be down for very long...

Not from XenForo, but there are plenty of third-parties that would be happy help. One of the popular ones is @Claudio.

Will the members need to reset passwords or anything like that?

Nope.

I also need to be able to keep teh existing URL structure as well as this is mega important to us

Link structures are different on XenForo, so no, it's not possible.

As an example, this is the URL for this forum: https://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-pre-sales-questions.5/

Whereas on vBulletin it's something like this: http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?54-The-Lounge

Last edited:
I also need to be able to keep teh existing URL structure as well as this is mega important to us :)

Do you need to keep the URL structures, or do you just need to make sure that everyone can access the same content?

You can't actually retain the old URLs, but you can create a .htaccess file that will forward all old URLs to the new URLs. So everyone's bookmarks, Google results, internal links, etc. will all still work. We have all new URLs after the migration from VB4, but all of the VB4 links forward you to the new, correct URL.

Hi Danny

We offer migration services and we work full time so the expected downtime will be really small. If you are interested please check my signature for customer testimonials and details.

Claudio

Top Bottom