VB5 Latest Activity on Forum Home Via a tab

DieselMinded

Just went to check out VB5 and i have to say it looks great , on the forum home they have a tab thats lets you switch to see all the recent activity , has anyone made a mod to do that on xenforo its awesome and keeps you from spamming new posts

Just went to check out VB5 and i have to say it looks great , on the forum home they have a tab thats lets you switch to see all the recent activity , has anyone made a mod to do that on xenforo its awesome and keeps you from spamming new posts

Like https://xenforo.com/community/recent-activity/ ?

upload_2016-5-22_22-2-31.webp

Not sure how it would prevent spamming anything its just another thing to spam lol.

hmm well that does look like it does the same thing? does this auto update?

and why would this be under the member tab that don't seem like the right place to me

Would be neat if that thing auto updated and had feeds like

member a sent member b a message
member d has joined group 1
member c uploaded a new file to the gallery category 1

etc... and not just new posts thats a disappointment

Well i mean whenever they decide to turn Xenforo into an overbloated product that taxes the hell out of the server I am sure you will see that added :p

Not sure if any of the auto update plugins extend to this but you can always request it. Viewing who is messaging who would end up being available to admins only, no one would turn that setting on for other people to see and if it was forced public you would lose members over it.

Have a feeling gallery uploads are in the activity stream though.

Anything is possible it would be like being god just sitting there seeing everything happening automatically and all in one place like a crystal ball, can you envision it?

it even says "Activity stream" well it don't really "Stream" anything if you have to refresh the page , it should be called "Some of the New Activity on the site if you keep hitting refresh" or "SOTNAOTSIYKHR"

Top Bottom