vB4 to XF2 migration - social groups and duplicate emails

Manya

Hi,

1. I have vB4 social groups that I'd like to transfer over to XF2 as forums. After that I'll close/archive them, but I don't want to lose their content, I want it transferred. Is it possible?

2. vB4 allows multiple accounts with the same email address, XF2 doesn't. My current users tend to have one account per email address, but some of the old/inactive ones have two or more. I understand that can't be transferred, but I'm wondering what the options are. I don't want to delete or merge them, could I maybe add characters to their email? i.e. the latest account is transferred with the correct email, the second latest - with email@site.com-1, email@site.com-2, etc? How do others handle this issue?

Thank you very much!

2. vB4 allows multiple accounts with the same email address, XF2 doesn't. My current users tend to have one account per email address, but some of the old/inactive ones have two or more. I understand that can't be transferred, but I'm wondering what the options are. I don't want to delete or merge them, could I maybe add characters to their email? i.e. the latest account is transferred with the correct email, the second latest - with email@site.com-1, email@site.com-2, etc? How do others handle this issue?

First identify the duplicate emails using this query:

Code:
SELECT username, email
FROM user
WHERE email IN (SELECT email FROM user GROUP BY email HAVING ( COUNT( email ) > 1 ))
ORDER BY username ASC

Then as you said edit the duplicate email by adding a number or other character to it.

Top Bottom