1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vb4 to xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by fordmod, Oct 29, 2013.

1. fordmod

fordmod Member

hi i`m thinking of converting 1 of my forums to xenforo but just got a few questions

1. what gets converted from vbulletin 4 and what dont?

2.is a paid subscriptions mod available so a member can pay a fee and get placed in another usergroup untill the membship expires ?

3.is there a trader rating mod like vbulletin`s itrader (ebay like feedback rating)

4.is there a garage mod like in this link http://www.fordmodified.co.uk/garage.html

5. is there a advertisments mod where banner adds from ebay can be placed on parts of the site with a usergroup option so some usergroups dont see the adds

think thats the main things i can think of at the min , any answers will be great

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

1. The pre-sales FAQ in my signature has screenshots of what is imported.

2. Yes, built in to the software.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

5. There are built in ad_ templates and also some add-ons.

3. fordmod

fordmod Member

thanks for the very fast reply (allways a good sign when looking at a new software )

are the users passwords also converted over

4. Brogan

Yes.

That is also mentioned in the pre-sales FAQ.

5. fordmod

fordmod Member

thanks for that . i`ve been having a play with the demo and it does seem better than vb4 in a few ways tbh, so it may well be my choice when i upgrade from vb4 as vb5 just aint a option

6. fordmod

fordmod Member

Also whats it like for spam management and how server intensive is it compared to vb 4 . I've got a good spec vps server that i run 2 forums on fine 1 is running vb4 and the other mybb

7. Brogan

There are several spam related tools and features built in.
    It works very well.

According to many reports, server use/load is lower.