VB Subscriptions > XF subscriptions?

Bellinis

On VB (3.8) we use the Paid Subscriptions system for forum donators. After we received a donation (for a year) we manually upgraded the account and set the end date accordingly. After the switch to XF I saw the donators were correctly imported, but were can I check the end dates? Didn't they get imported? How is this handled?

Also in vb donators automatically recieved an email a week prior to their subscription end date. Is that possible in XF too?

ACP -> Users -> List User Upgrades

That will list all the users, their subscription level and end date.

Automatic emails are not currently a feature.

I expect it's actually very complicated to map everything across as subscriptions are tied into user groups and permissions.

Not to mention the fact that if any of the PayPal or board details change then the old subscriptions would no longer be valid anyway.

Not to mention the fact that if any of the PayPal or board details change then the old subscriptions would no longer be valid anyway.

I believe that only applies to recurring subscriptions. If anything changes, they break. However, most standard non-recurring subscriptions are quite robust once purchased and can only be manually edited through the particular paysite(PayPal, Google Checkout, etc).

Top Bottom