vb import

ankurs

do userid's change after import ?

if it does change, is it possible to keep old userids ? by changing some import code

I expect so.

You will need to edit the importer .php files to achieve that.

I'll have to leave it to someone else to answer how though as that's not an area I know much about.

Every table (relevant to this topic) has a UNIQUE auto-increment field.

vBulletin and XenForo both do.

If you have 5 people register, and you delete 4 of them, the next unique auto incremented number is 6, the next that registers gets 6.

If that's the case in vBulletin and you import a user into xenforo, then the first one is still there, then the next one is unique auto incremented id number 2. not 6. So old 6, becomes new 2.

To customize this to your needs you need to customize the script to say "ignore whatever xenforo already has, import 6 as 6, .." the consequences of this are unknown to me.

a userid means nothing to the end user, their names are still the same.

To customize this to your needs you need to customize the script to say "ignore whatever xenforo already has, import 6 as 6, .." the consequences of this are unknown to me.
i am going to import on a fresh xf installation, so same userids imported isnt going to happen

so this is possible ? with code modification in importer code of import users
a userid means nothing to the end user, their names are still the same.
i have a backend script which uses userid & changing that will break lot of things ; so changing userid isnt a option to me

You can consider updating the script to support a usergroup, and in XenForo have a secondary usergroup you add these users to. That way it's dynamic and only have to change the usergroupid may it ever change.

select * from xf_user where usergroupid=x; (or whatever the query would be)

Then I hope you find a developer of xenforo addons or custom scripts to volunteer recode the vb importer, or perhaps build a budget to elance.com find someone.

Top Bottom