XF 1.2 vB 4.2 to XF 1.2 - 3M posts import - Problem with Rebuild Cache

Deriel

I'm having some issues with my teste migration from vV 4.2 to XF 1.2:

The "Rebuild Users", after the import is taking a very, very long time. I have some 50k users, many with 10+ years of forum time. How much time is normal for this to complete?

My configuration is a Xeon E3 1230 with 32 GB, running Apache with nginx and varnish. I'm getting a lot of "504 Gateway" with nginx during the Rebuild (my timeouts are high: 1600 seconds).

Other problem is the Enhaced Search (I'm using Sphinx with vB): the rebuild is taking a very long time and seems bo be consuming a lot of server resouces. How normal is this?

I'm a bit worried about this issues. The import by itself was long (about 33 hours with the included import) but the "rebuild XXX" are taking too long - more than the import.

The "Rebuild Users", after the import is taking a very, very long time. I have some 50k users, many with 10+ years of forum time. How much time is normal for this to complete?

How long is a very long time? I would guess 20 minutes. I believe it batches by user_id, so if there are large gaps in your user_ids then that could make it take longer.

Other problem is the Enhaced Search (I'm using Sphinx with vB): the rebuild is taking a very long time and seems bo be consuming a lot of server resouces. How normal is this?

The ES addon uses Elasticsearch, not Sphinx.

Make sure ES is enabled:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Search Options

Then rebuild the search index:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches

How long is a very long time? I would guess 20 minutes. I believe it batches by user_id, so if there are large gaps in your user_ids then that could make it take longer.

Well, in my migration only the Users take almost 2 full days to Rebuild. Something is very wrong.

The ES addon uses Elasticsearch, not Sphinx.

Yes, I know. I was just saying that my vB+Sphinx was way faster than XF+Elasticseach, and that something seems very wrong.

Make sure ES is enabled:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Search Options

Then rebuild the search index:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches[/quote]

Yes, ES is enable and yes, I tried to re-Rebuild, with no better luck

Editing: I'm starting from zero, some tuning in MySQL and instaling ES before import

Last edited:
Top Bottom