VB 3.8 to XF 2.2: About Theme, and VB Blog/Project Tools

Hello there, I plan to purchase XF license at the beginning of April and finally convert my VB 3.8 to XF 2.2. I've done DB migration before for other forumware to VB in the past so I'd assume I can do it easily this time too from VB 3.8 to XF 2.2. However, I am not a theme designer so I will need someone to convert my VB 3.8 theme to XF 2.2, is anyone here able and willing to take my request? I am willing to pay for this one.

On the other hand, Id also like to ask ex-VB 3/4 users on how you handled the migration of VB blogs and project tools? I have these addons with my VB3.8 and they dont seem to have equivalent version in XF, so I am curious what are the best way to handle this. Thank you.

I recommend getting ahold of @Russ for the style.

I've browsed some threads from 2-3 years ago when someone mentioned Russ and that his reputation was very good. Is he still around Xenforo nowadays? Hopefully he will be able to help me with this, I wonder who did the TAZ's theme conversion from VB to XF, it looks perfect.

And have a chat with @MySiteGuy on the migration. He's done dozens of these.

Well I think I am capable of handling migration for users, usergroups, forums and basic threads/posts. Its the blogs and project tools that I have no idea how to fit them into XF forums. Would love to hear suggestions on this topic.

I've browsed some threads from 2-3 years ago when someone mentioned Russ and that his reputation was very good. Is he still around Xenforo nowadays? Hopefully he will be able to help me with this, I wonder who did the TAZ's theme conversion from VB to XF, it looks perfect.

I think that was a Russ job, or at least it was at one time,

Well I think I am capable of handling migration for users, usergroups, forums and basic threads/posts. Its the blogs and project tools that I have no idea how to fit them into XF forums. Would love to hear suggestions on this topic.

Still around :) shoot me a message when you're ready.

Hello there, I plan to purchase XF license at the beginning of April and finally convert my VB 3.8 to XF 2.2. I've done DB migration before for other forumware to VB in the past so I'd assume I can do it easily this time too from VB 3.8 to XF 2.2. However, I am not a theme designer so I will need someone to convert my VB 3.8 theme to XF 2.2, is anyone here able and willing to take my request? I am willing to pay for this one.

On the other hand, Id also like to ask ex-VB 3/4 users on how you handled the migration of VB blogs and project tools? I have these addons with my VB3.8 and they dont seem to have equivalent version in XF, so I am curious what are the best way to handle this. Thank you.

As a customer of Pixel Exit, I recommend @Russ. He has done a custom design on my Xenforo forum twice, once for XF1 and once for XF2. Both times I have been extremely happy with the design and the service. You cannot do better IMO.

Still around :) shoot me a message when you're ready.

Thats great, but hmm... How do I send a PM on this forum? It seems that theres no 'start a conversation' button when I clicked on you or anyone else's user profile/avatar at postbit. How do i send you a message then? Is there a restriction for new users who joined recently, or with less than 10 posts?

Thats great, but hmm... How do I send a PM on this forum? It seems that theres no 'start a conversation' button when I clicked on you or anyone else's user profile/avatar at postbit. How do i send you a message then? Is there a restriction for new users who joined recently, or with less than 10 posts?
Aww heck, I forgot that. I think you have to be licensed. Licensed members can start private convos with you however.

Sure do. Also know some new people are leery of clicking on links.
The solution to that is to hover over the link... provides the same information that spelling it out with spaces and putting a "dot" in place of doing the normal domain name and then having them to type it in. I would certainly hope that most forum admins are aware of that ability to see the actual hyperlink given in the browser when hovering over a link... Only time that doesn't apply is if on mobile...

The solution to that is to hover over the link... provides the same information that spelling it out with spaces and putting a "dot" in place of doing the normal domain name and then having them to type it in. I would certainly hope that most forum admins are aware of that ability to see the actual hyperlink given in the browser when hovering over a link... Only time that doesn't apply is if on mobile...
Thanks for letting others know what I already knew. I will continue to operate as I always have.

Top Bottom