Value match requirements do not permit two words to be separated by a space

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I have a custom profile field set as a multi-line text box and the value match requirements as A-Z, 0-9, and _ only.

You can enter a single word, or a single word followed by a space, but you can't enter two words separated by a space.
So this prohibits entering a name for example.

Of course I could enter it using _, but a space is the normal convention for separating words.

The only other option is to set the field value to none, but that then allows for too much leeway.

Any chance <space> and , (comma) can be added to this field value as I suspect that's how most people will want to use it.

Edit: I suppose I can always use the custom regex field...

Upvote 0
i've deleted it BEFORE you posted again:P

i've misunderstood your suggestion ( i thought it's a question why backspace isn't allowed.

Edit: Not fair deleting your post like that ragtek, looks like I'm arguing with myself ;)

When I seen the first two post the second one flipped me out. I was thinking how the heck can he not know what he is talking about, he just explained it his self. Surely does look funny when you respond to your self like that. hahaha

I got a good chuckle out of the second post.. I was like wait, he doesn't understand his own post? This will make for a good debate! *waits with popcorn* :P

Top Bottom