Validate Email Domain

Validate Email Domain 1.0.1

No permission to download

Kirby

Thanks! ...and my server logs thank you. XenForo undeliverable emails, including all the continued attempts to re-deliver to non-existent domains will no longer pollute the logs.

Suggestion: Do you think it might be better to do the DNS check after the email input goes from in focus to out of focus rather than waiting to check after the register button is clicked?

Last edited:
This addon requires PHP 8.1 and PHP Intl?
Intl is most likely required, PHP 8.1 is not required.

Do you think it might be better to do the DNS check after the email input goes from in focus to out of focus rather than waiting to check after the register button is clicked?
This night be a bit more userfriendly, but unlike the current approach (which is only a really simple extension of existing functionality) it would require quite a bit of new code.
Not sure if I'd be willing to do that :)

Last edited:
@Kirby the top-level domain check is case sensitive. So example@localhost will fail, but example@lOcalhost will pass the static list check. The DNS check should fail, so it isn't a huge issue.

@Kirby thank you for creating this. Would you consider an update so that we can change the phrase that's displayed with an incorrect email address??

When calling the parent class's isValid method, there appears to be a spelling error in the errorkey parameter, preventing it from returning correctly.

1700187363309.webp

If you do ever decide to enhance this ...it would be nice to be able to maintain a list of blacklisted domains. I probably get one at least one a week registering from gmaii.com, a valid domain but either just a mistype or intentionally not wanting to give a valid email. I'd like to be able to blacklist it and a few other "valid" domains but often related to fake emails.

ivalid-gmaii.com-domain.webp

@Kirby can you add support to existent user accounts rather than only new registrations?
I am sorry, but I don't understand your request :(
If an existing user tries to change his email to a domain that can't be resolved via DNS he should get an error - just like a new user trying to register with such a domain.
If you do ever decide to enhance this ...it would be nice to be able to maintain a list of blacklisted domains.
Unless I am missing smth., this is a standard XenForo feature?

If you want to ban gmaii.com just do that:
1702934218326.webp

Top Bottom